Thank you for your interest in the Cambridge Maxwell Street Fair! Please review this “Vendor Information” document in its entirely prior to completing and submitting your Cambridge Maxwell Street Fair Vendor Application.
THIS POST AT A GLANCE:
- About Maxwell Street Fair
- Date, Hours & Location
- Booth Info
- Vendor Fee & Payment
- Social Media Refund
- Application Information
- Sales Tax Requirements
ABOUT MAXWELL STREET FAIR
The Cambridge Maxwell Street Fair is a one day outdoor “vintage and maker’s market” featuring vintage, antique, and handmade home decor and other speciality home and gift items. Maxwell Street Fair takes place on beautiful, historic Main Street in downtown Cambridge.
Maxwell Street Fair is part of Cambridge’s annual, long-standing Maxwell Street Days. In addition to this event on Friday, additional draws to Cambridge on this date include in-store Maxwell Street Days promotions from our local specialty shops and restaurants, Rowe Pottery’s annual tent sale (happening across the street from Maxwell Street Fair), Cambridge Arts Council’s Concert in the Park, community-wide garage sales, and the Friends of the Cambridge Library’s annual book sale.
This event is free for shoppers/attendees. Vendors pay a small fee to participate.
This event is organized by the Cambridge Area Chamber of Commerce.
DATE, HOURS & LOCATION
Friday, August 3rd in Veteran’s Park – 100 E. Main Street, Cambridge, WI 53523
Fair/shopping hours are 9:00am-4:00pm.
Booth set up starting at 7:00am and must be completed by 9:00am.
Booth tear down starts at 4:00pm and must be completed by 5:30pm.
Times subject to change. Please note, this is an outdoor venue occurring rain or shine. Please prepare accordingly for inclement weather.
- Booth space is 10 feet x10 feet*.
- All booth spaces are on grass.
- As this event will occur rain or shine, a tent is encouraged, but not required (vendors bring/provide their own tent).
- Vendors are expected to have their booths styled in an attractive manner. Merchandise must be displayed in a way that looks pleasing and inviting.
- Vendors are expected to keep their booth free of trip-hazards Please keep an aisle that is clear of merchandise for everyone’s safety.
- Vendors must have at least one representative in their booth at all times. If you will need relief for lunch, bathroom breaks, etc., please bring an assistant with you.
- There is no electricity available for this event.
*We are happy to make accommodations for vendors with mobile boutiques or vendors who require more space. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 513-3198 to discuss.
VENDOR FEE & PAYMENT
This event is organized by the Cambridge Area Chamber of Commerce. Members of the Cambridge Chamber of Commerce are given a discounted rate as part of their membership benefits. If you would like to join the Cambridge Area Chamber of Commerce for discounted event pricing and other member benefits throughout the year, please contact us at email@example.com.
$15 for Members of the Cambridge Area Chamber of Commerce
$30 for Non-Members
Vendors have the option to receive a partial refund of their vendor fee in exchange for social media promotion of this event. Please see next section (“Social Media Refund”) for details.
If approved to be a vendor, you will receive an email with information for remitting payment. You will have 48 hours from the date of that email to remit payment to secure your space. If not paid by the due date, your space may be offered to another applicant. Vendor fees will not be refunded due to inability to attend, so please be sure you are able to commit to this event date/times before submitting payment.
SOCIAL MEDIA REFUND
We believe the more our vendors share about this event, the more successful it will be for everyone! That is why we’re offering a partial refund of your vendor fee in exchange for YOU advertising this event on YOUR social media channels. Here’s how it works:
- Apply to be a vendor, get accepted, pay your vendor fee in full.
- Post on your public/business social media channels (Facebook, Instagram) at least 5 times prior to Cambridge’s Maxwell Street Fair, advertising that you will be here for this event and encouraging your followers/audience to attend.
- Tag the Cambridge Area Chamber of Commerce on your posts so we see them and can count them toward your five posts required. The Chamber can be tagged on Facebook at “Cambridge Chamber of Commerce (WI)” and Instagram at @cambridgechamber.
- Please add the hashtag #cometocambridgewi to your social media posts promoting this event.
- Once you have posted about this event at least five times on social media, we will issue you a $10 refund from your vendor fee.
It’s an easy way to promote your business AND save $10!
And the Cambridge Area Chamber of Commerce will make it even easier…we’ll also provide you with social media graphics and some suggested text you can use in your posts – just copy and paste!
To apply to be a vendor please complete and submit our Cambridge Maxwell Street Fair Vendor Application after you have read this “Vendor Information” document in its entirety.
Please note this is a juried show. Applicants will be selected based on products/merchandise fitting with this event theme, as well as booth set-up and display. We will be visiting your social media sites for photos of your products and previous or current vendor/market selling experiences.
Please also considering sending us 3-5 photos of your products/booth display(s) to aid in our decision-making. Photos can be submitted via one of the following:
Please Note: Maxwell Street Fair is a “vintage & maker’s market” for vintage, antique, and handmade home decor and other unique speciality home and gift items. Direct sales/multi-level marketing/mass-marketing vendors will not be accepted for this event.
SALES TAX REQUIREMENTS
All vendors must provide a sales receipt to each customer and charge appropriate sales tax of 5.5% on each purchase.
One-day liability insurance policies are usually available through an existing Homeowners or Business insurance policy for a very low cost. It is HIGHLY encouraged that each vendor obtain a policy that provides coverage for your booth space. The Cambridge Area Chamber of Commerce, Veteran’s Park, or the Village of Cambridge are NOT responsible for any damage and/or injury that takes place within your booth space. PLEASE keep all aisles clear and safe.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.